NeoPUF is a hardware security technology based on physically unclonable variations occurring in the silicon manufacturing process.
NeoPUF is a hardware security technology based on physically unclonable variations occurring in the silicon manufacturing process. The underlying benefit of using a PUF (Physical Unclonable Function) in cryptography is its “uniqueness” and “unpredictability”. With NeoPUF IP, users can generate truly random sequences for applications with high security requirements. Our innovative technology enables multi-layered security and resolves common PUF-related issues by eliminating the need for a costly and complicated ECC (Error Correction Code). The random number extracted by NeoPUF IP is unique and unclonable, a silicon “fingerprint” for a wide range of security purposes, including encryption, identification, authentication, security key generation, etc.
Inborn, unpredictable and ideal – true random entropy
Reliable & Robust
Stable CRPs (Challenge/Response Pairs) up to 175C and no aging decay
Combined NeoFuse OTP and NeoPUF RNS provides high security storage
Fast Time to Market
Many qualified platforms are ready for IoT security applications
True Root of Trust
Key management combined with secure storage opens many security application scenarios
NeoPUF’s randomness is obtained from inhomogeneous oxide properties that naturally occur in the IC manufacturing process – an ideal entropy source. We can extract uniformly-distributed binary bits through our innovative technology based on amplification and self-feedback. The extracted random bits are activated upon enrollment, and thanks to a large entropy bit pool, users have the flexibility to choose their own key-generation approaches.
Use Cases & Functionality
- eMemory's Security-enhanced OTP Qualifies on TSMC N5 Process and Continues to Tackle Automotive Solutions
- eMemory Receives 2022 TSMC OIP Partner of the Year Award for Embedded Memory IP
- eMemory Partners with Intel Foundry Services to Boost Security in Leading-Edge Chips
- eMemory’s Security-Enhanced OTP IP Qualified on TSMC N6 Process
- Achronix Adopts eMemory IP for FPGA Hardware Root of Trust
- eMemory Receives ISSCC Award for Breakthrough Security Technology