What is Encryption?
Data security is highly important in data transmission applications, so most data transmission solutions make use of encryption keys to protect data. The encryption key itself may be licensed by the chip vendor or the integrated device manufacturer to ensure secure data transmissions. Such security measures are used widely in DTV or STB system.
Also, the rapid development of Internet-of-Things (IoT) offers advanced interconnection between various devices and systems. As consumers place greater concern on data security and protection mechanism, the demands for related IC security solutions increase simultaneously. To take the lead in the IoT market, the data security of IC hardware and firmware is crucial.
Benefits of Encryption with eMemory NVM IP
eMemory provides a complete embedded NVM solution with a flexible key license scheme that allows the encryption key to be stored on a host at either the chip vendor or the integrated device manufacturer.
Encryption with eMemory NVM IP has best flexibility
1. Using a floating gate and anti-fuse structure, no physical points can be observed by IC DECAP.
2. Testable at the CP stage, in order to reduce yield loss at FT/Module/System/end-user stages.
3. 125℃/10 years industry-grade high-temperature data retention ability.
4. Optimized cost structure for various applications and densities.
5. Choice of OTP/PMTP solutions for different specification requests.
6. Silicon-proven at 18 major foundries, and over 250 qualified processes.
7. Support for logic, mixed-signal, RF, high voltage, BCD, SiGe, automotive and low-power processes.